W.T.F.’N.F?!

1. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted August 2, 2020 at 7:25 pm |

2.6.2 Remember to be a responsible citizen and police your brass.

2. DougM ☞ crotchety and judgmental ☜
    Posted August 2, 2020 at 10:02 pm |

LotF ^
    Nah, let the forensic guys photograph their positions, first;
    but I take your point

3. sortawitte
    Posted August 3, 2020 at 2:00 am |

I use a .357 revolver. It allows me to take the brass home with me. It holds 5 rounds. That’s plenty for most threats.

4. Posted August 3, 2020 at 4:14 am |

I say: protect yourself, protect your loved ones, consider whether the value of your possessions is worth losing and whether or not the Bad Guy will harm you even if you comply.

LotF: policing your brass is a good thing, as we wouldn’t want to be littering.

DougM: leaving your brass for the wonks would be kind, as it would give purpose to their hum-drum Techie lives.

I say, police your brass, but draw chalk circles around them before you pick them up. The CSI’s can take pictures of them and go home happy.

5. blake
    Posted August 3, 2020 at 6:52 am |

Rule 45: Make sure the holes are big enough for plenty of DNA evidence to be left behind.

6. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted August 3, 2020 at 8:24 am |

city bureaucrats : criminals :: lawyers : sharks

Professional Courtesy.

7. TheBigHarry
    Posted August 3, 2020 at 2:16 pm |

I’m thinking it over !

8. Veeshir
    Posted August 3, 2020 at 3:57 pm |

“Be a good witness”
    They’re not going to catch anybody, but they have forms to fill out, if they have to leave a box empty it makes them look bad.

I liked the contrast between the beginning where they say ’100 robberies and 20 carjackings occurred in 3rd precinct in July alone’ and later on they write “Despite all our efforts, robberies may still occur!”
    Sounds as if all their “efforts” are accomplishing jack and squat.

What I got out of it was “Carry a gun, you’re on your own.”

9. DougM ☞ crotchety and judgmental ☜
    Posted August 3, 2020 at 7:31 pm |

Veeshir ^

“Be a good witness”

Yep, robbers love witnesses

10. Moses Lambert
    Posted August 4, 2020 at 7:39 am |

blake – I stole your saying…

11. rickn8or
    Posted August 4, 2020 at 12:54 pm |

Claire, that’s an ugly thing to say about sharks.