That Awkward Moment…

when you’re wandering through…

…trespassing among the ashes of some stranger’s life and dreams*, and you realize that you both owe your political start to Willie Brown.

#CaliZuelaClose

1. Thunderbottom
    Posted September 17, 2020 at 4:42 pm |

Kamala and Gavin, thy names are “Shameless and Crass”.

2. DougM ☞ crotchety and judgmental ☜
    Posted September 17, 2020 at 5:10 pm |

I wonder how many uniformed officers were thinking about running them in for violating the exclusion zone, trespassing on private property, and suspicion of looting.

I also wonder how much time Newsom spent in the woodlands, before the fires, evaluating ways to prevent this kind of misery.
    Not sayin’, just wonderin’

Posted September 17, 2020 at 7:57 pm |

^”I also wonder how much time Newsom spent in the woodlands.”
    What? And mess up his Pretty Pretty** coif? YGBSM!
    **HT – Claire

4. blake
    Posted September 18, 2020 at 7:27 am |

@Claire, I completely forgot, I hope you and yours are safe and ready to head out at a moments notice. (I seem to recall you may be a NorCal denizen in a semi rural area)

5. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted September 18, 2020 at 8:34 am |

Blake@4 – ThanQ! for asking. That is exactly what I may or may not be, and we’re doing pretty well his year having been merely surrounded, enjoying Martian skies.
    *knocks on burnt wood*

I’m hoping/guessing you and yours are likewise merely surrounded and coughing?

6. Dave
    Posted September 18, 2020 at 11:23 am |

“…and you realize that you both owe your political start to Willie Brown.”
    Yuck.

7. blake
    Posted September 18, 2020 at 2:40 pm |

Bakersfield resident. Our air quality is marginal on a good day. With the ash and smoke from the fires, the air is hazardous even for those with healthy lungs.

We had blue skies for a bit this am, something we’d not seen for a few weeks. Otherwise, we’ve had a sunset sky from sunrise to sundown.

8. OldFert
    Posted September 18, 2020 at 3:03 pm |

“…and you realize that you both owe your political start to Willie Brown.”
    For the same reasons?

9. Thunderbottom
    Posted September 18, 2020 at 4:31 pm |

^8., OldFert: They say that Gavin has a purty mouth.

10. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*