Musical benches

Same joke — couldn’t decide
_____
#3 picked up by Pookie’s Toons

1. Posted September 21, 2020 at 6:05 am |

What a wonderful dream! President Trump has already announced that he will make his nomination Friday or Saturday. Suppose he offers up a list of six names, one to replace Ginsberg, and the other five to pack the court with Constitutional Conservatives for the next 20+ years, and REALLY piss off every Dem on the planet.

Sauce for the goose, gravy for the gander.

2. drew458
    Posted September 21, 2020 at 10:23 am |

Why not just write an amendment that SCOTUS is limited to 9, which should have been done in 1783. I’d throw in term limits too. 12 years for the legislature, 17 years for Supreme Court.

Posted September 21, 2020 at 12:30 pm |

^6 years for Congress would be plenty, with no pension attached. We want public servants, citizen legislators, not permanent feeders at the trough.

And while we’re at it, crank the pension multiplier for non-military government employees back to 1.5% from the current 2.5%.
    My uncle’s first pay as a Fed retiree was bigger than his working paycheck.

10 years for all Federal judges in their current seat. If “promoted”, judges add 6 for each promotion, 10 on SCOTUS, mandatory retirement at 75. There is much to learn and wisdom to acquire as a jurist, but we don’t want dead wood going senile on the bench either.

4. Jess
    Posted September 21, 2020 at 4:09 pm |

I have this dream that Trump throws a few dozen of them in prison….not really….I have a dream he throws them into a volcano.

5. DougM ☞ crotchety and judgmental ☜
    Posted September 21, 2020 at 5:59 pm |

Jess ^
    I haven’t heard Pelosi & Co (incl. jocks & celebrities) accuse Trump of trying to throw them into a volcano, yet; but the week’s young

6. Nomen Nescio
    Posted September 21, 2020 at 6:17 pm |

RBG supposedly said she wanted her replacement to be nominated by the Next president. So, 5 years of an 8 member SCOTUS.
    Since Republican appointed justices outnumber Democrat appointed. 5-3, I guess I’m cool with that. If Roberts crosses over you got a tie. Trump has already appointed a s+*t ton of Circuit judges (their opinion holds if the scotus can’t reach a majority decision), so I reckon I’m cool with that too.

Posted September 21, 2020 at 6:21 pm |

Bill O’Reilly’s next book should be Killing Perfidious Twat.

8. Posted September 22, 2020 at 4:55 am |

6^ President Trump’s appointments have caused the balance in the 9th Circus, the Most Overturned District EVER, to swing towards sanity and common sense. That alone should be enough to award him a second term, though I’d be willing to rub a bunch of Democrat faces in the electoral mud to get him re-elected.

Posted September 22, 2020 at 11:15 am |

Need someone with more time and creativity to find the joke in RBG and a test pattern.

10. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted September 22, 2020 at 9:10 pm |

Yanno who came out publicly against packing the court?

Yep: RBG

also in favor of a POTUS filling a SCOTUS seat in an election year.

hmpf. fancy that!