peace

…you’re going to see a LOT of people celebrating Rush’s death despite having never heard a word he had to say or attempting to try to understand them. Don’t let them get to you. Their celebrations are an attempt to make you mad and upset. Don’t give that to them

Posted February 17, 2021 at 12:09 pm |

Hats off to Kathryn Limbaugh; that was a brave announcement and fitting eulogy she gave to open his show today. I don’t think I could have done that with such remarkable grace and composure.
    RIP Rush. Thanks for the message and the memories; I miss you already.

And to the vile left who dance on his grave and spew their idiotic, ill-informed hatred; I still have my “flog before hang” list. Their day will come.

2. Bobo the Hobo, Senior Fellow at the Limbaugh Institute for Advanced Conservative Studies
    Posted February 17, 2021 at 1:08 pm |

We knew this day would come as it does for everyone but damn! Losing Rush on top of this hellish year and election is just too much. I routinely read the opposition’s websites but I just don’t have the stomach for it today.

RIP, Rush, thanks for your steadfast views during these troubled times.

3. DougM (Browncoat)
    Posted February 17, 2021 at 3:52 pm |

Haven’t listened to Rush in 15+ years.
    Back in the day, he taught me how to read the media, so I moved on from agreeing with him for three hours a day to doing what he did in my own corner of the world.

Can’t think of a more influential mover and shaker of political opinion in my lifetime.

He taught us to skeptically look past the book’s title and check the footnotes, knowing that there were others like us out there doing the same thing.

He showed us that it’s okay to think conservatively and that when we actually think, we’ll be conservative.

4. OldFert
    Posted February 17, 2021 at 6:46 pm |

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him.
    May he rest in peace.

5. Dave
    Posted February 17, 2021 at 8:50 pm |

@Doug, I stopped about 5 years ago. It seemed that sometimes the 3 hours was 2 hours rehashing the first hour. He did teach me to listen to the background music and read between the lines.
    A true pioneer Rush was, and God broke the mold when he made him. Every person with a talk radio show owes him their career.

6. Stick
    Posted February 18, 2021 at 5:05 am |

I hope my enemies and all enemies of America rejoice at my death. It would mean I made anti-Americans miserable.
    #RIPRush

Posted February 18, 2021 at 10:11 am |

I feel I’ve lost a friend of 30some years. I was introduced to Rush when I was setting tile with a local friend.
    Glad to have this group of friends, some newer than others, still around even as we recall some we’ve lost from the Porch.

Will raise a glass of Gentleman Jack to Rush this evening as the reality sticks.

8. accipiterNW
    Posted February 18, 2021 at 9:47 pm |

My dad was into Rush in the early 90s. He put him on my radar but I was not as politically concerned back then.

I saw the 1996 movie “The Last Supper” about a year after it came out and instantly saw Limbaugh’s character in the guy played by Ron Perlman.
    Last Supper was a dark sort of comedy that holds up in todays cancel culture. 5 lib college graduates have guests over for dinner- end up killing one for his political views, they cant stop at 1 and begin to use poison as method of choice. One evening Rush’s cigar smoking character appears but he smooth talks them, then turns the tables.

I knew then that Rush did have a target on him. Remember the boycotts and attempts to get him off the air. I began catching his show when I could in the late 90s. Like having a friend right there with you in the car or in the room.

He fought the good fight til the end- RIP

9. Silver Kangaroo
    Posted February 19, 2021 at 2:09 pm |

Let ‘em complain. He’ll live rent-free in their heads forever.

It suits me that they’re so eager to out themselves.