What is that poor old man saying?!?

Of Goals and Elder Abuse

But no amendment — no amendment to the Constitution is absolute.

Are you absolutely sure?

You can’t yell crowd — you can’t tell “fire” in a crowded movie theater and call it freedom of speech.

wait… I got this… honest! Ya can’t tell me about a crowd… no. Ya can’t yell crowd in a burning theater and call it absolute!
ha! tolja I got this. where’s my cookie?

We want to treat pistols modified with stabilizing braces with the seriousness they deserve. A stabilizing brace — you’re going to (inaudible) — essentially, it makes that pistol a hell of a lot more accurate and a mini-rifle. As a result, it’s more lethal, effectively turning into a short-barreled rifle.

I need some knowledgable info on this. I never heard of it.

For a fraction of the cost of gun violence, we can save lives, create safe and healthy communities, and build economies that work for all of us, and save billions of American dollars.

As opposed to, say…. Yen? How ya gonna force “safe and healthy communities” in, say, Oakland or South Chicago? with … Daisys in gun barrels? Increasing taxes?

…”public health crisis” … I wanted to make it easier for states to adopt extreme risk protection order laws. They’re also called “red flag” laws

hm…

My job, the job of any President, is to protect the American people. Whether Congress acts or not, I’m going to use all the resources at my disposal as President to keep the American people safe from gun violence.

By Any Means Necessary, eh, Joe? Your “job” is to “protect” us from …ourselves? Cuz we already know how to protect ourselves from junkies, violent crazy people, robbers, burglars, and the like. We make that behavior illegal and enforce The Law. But you call that Raaaacist or something.

But then again, what can we expect them to do, what are they doing but following the thoughts, if not the examples, of one of their heroes?

“Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.”
-Mao

Now we’re just fightin’ over who owns that barrel.

I’m gonna go wait by the mailbox for my little red book.

NB all of the above fantasized for entertainment purposes only.

1. SpectreRider
    Posted April 9, 2021 at 10:35 am |

Almost all of his gun facts are bs but he’s right about stabilizing braces. ATF technology dept. screwed up when they originally approved braces as assisting devices for persons with disabilities.
    Then they discussed the idea that raising a brace equipped pistol to the shoulder constituted the manufacture of a short barrel rifle. Then they backed away from that interpretation. The whole thing has been a mess.
    But one thing is true, an AR equipped with a pistol brace and braced to the shoulder rather than strapped to the forearm can be shot more accurately and is functionally an SBR.

2. SpectreRider
    Posted April 9, 2021 at 11:00 am |

*The reason I say they screwed up is that in allowing stabilizing braces without a prohibition on using the brace in the same manner as a stock, they opened up a path to having a gun that functions like an SBR without the expense and paperwork of acquiring a tax stamp.
    In addition I think that there are states that don’t allow SBRs and a pistol with a stabilizing brace is pretty darned close and not prohibited by any state.
    Plus, it has no doubt cost the treasury a pretty penny as tens of thousands of shooters opted for a braced pistol over an actual 200.00 tax stamp paid SBR.
    And for the record, I’d love to see the whole NFA declared unconstitutional or repealed.

3. OldFert
    Posted April 9, 2021 at 11:55 am |

Spectre — Isn’t the whole NFA an infringement?

4. DougM (Browncoat)
    Posted April 9, 2021 at 12:08 pm |

Claire,
    Heeere ya go

Basically, a butt is modified to attach to your forearm.
    Do this to an AR pistol and it’s still a pistol.
    Therefore, you can have a bbl shorter than a rifle’s 16″-min.
    Tadaa, SBR-like, but not an SBR (short bbl rifle, an ATF*-controlled item)
    Note: converting a rifle to a pistol requires an ATF stamp, otherwise.
    Once a pistol/rifle, always a pistol/rifle (check your purchase paperwork, too)

Holding the pistol brace to your shoulder does not change the pistol into a rifle
    (current ATF rule)

Only advantage to the AR pistol is that you can use a short bbl with silencer and still have a reasonable-length firearm. I wouldn’t consider one even remotely concealable without a long overcoat. However, a foldable tube and bbl makes for a tidy, stowable package (med-lg ladies shoulder bag)… just not immediately employable

*Why the ATF was given authority over bbl length is beyond me (criminalish concealability?)

5. Veeshir
    Posted April 9, 2021 at 12:31 pm |

I’m surprised Dougm isn’t more upset about the ‘pistol-brace’ thing.
    Considering the pistol brace his doppleganger used in For A Few Dollars More.

6. DougM (Browncoat)
    Posted April 9, 2021 at 2:23 pm |

Veeshir ^
    You can’t see my finger twitching

Here’s the thing: rights are not absolute.
    A right may be limited by law when an abuse infringes on another person’s rights. One may no more legally shoot another in cold blood citing the 2ndA than one may slander another and claim freedom of speech or burn another at the stake for heresy claiming freedom of religion.

This fact is abused by Bidenism. It is absolutely an unconstitutional infringement for a regulatory body to define how many and what kind of weapons I may keep and bear, if I am not a threat to others’ rights. It’s even worse, if that limitation is not specified and enacted as law, but rather by bureacratic regulation or, worst of all, by executive edict without the involvement of the legislature.

7. Nomen Nescio
    Posted April 9, 2021 at 2:33 pm |

^ & ^^, I’m imagining an Eastwood-esq squint.

8. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted April 9, 2021 at 3:03 pm |

ThanQ! for the info. Would hafta try one to see if it might be any use to me. [I got a grip like a guurl][throw like one, too]. ; >

DM@6 Well put!

9. accipiterNW
    Posted April 9, 2021 at 5:54 pm |

The Lord giveth, and the Biden and the Left taketh.

10. Steve
    Posted April 9, 2021 at 7:28 pm |

Is it just me, or does EVERYONE refer to the old guy living in the White House as, “that Idiot Biden”?

11. Posted April 10, 2021 at 9:13 am |

Not everybody. I’m sure First Broad Mrs. “I’m a doctor Jill Great Pretender* has her own special name for him: Sweetie-pie Idiot Biden.

12. rickn8or
    Posted April 10, 2021 at 12:26 pm |

You most certainly can yell “Fire!” in a crowded theater.

1) When there is a fire.

2) When there isn’t a fire and you don’t mind being held responsible for all the results of that action.

And @ Steve: Because it’s a term we all agree on.