What did the Salvation Army know, and when did they know it?

Evidently, the SA has recanted or something

_____
Story

1. Duke of URL
    Posted November 29, 2021 at 6:58 am |

Up until now, I have had an automatic monthly $100 of my scanty retirement pay (the Navy isn’t known for generosity, now is it?) going the Sally Ann, because I really admired the work they do.
    That just came to a screeching halt. If they want money, let them go begging to Soros and his gang…

2. Posted November 29, 2021 at 8:32 am |

Sending useful attachment via e-mail.

Put your beverage down first.

3. DougM (just entertaining myself here)
    Posted November 29, 2021 at 3:04 pm |

leelu ^
    Heeere ’tis

4. Nomen Nescio
    Posted November 29, 2021 at 4:17 pm |

There for a second I thought Pete got a job at Home Depot.

5. Jess
    Posted November 30, 2021 at 3:05 am |

I’d say they shot themselves in the foot, but they apparently blew the damn thing off.

6. Bobo the Hobo, currently dating Jake from State Farm
    Posted November 30, 2021 at 4:21 am |

OMG, Leelu! I copied that attachment and it’s going into some kettles not only here but around the country!

7. Duke of URL
    Posted November 30, 2021 at 6:25 am |

Just the News — “The Salvation Army has withdrawn its controversial ‘Let’s Talk About Racism’ guide following criticism and donor backlash over the text that asked white supporters of the charity group to deliver sincere apologies for their race and the past sins of the Church.
    “As a result of the guide’s more extreme positions becoming public, donors and supporters across the country have been rescinding their support of the organization.
    “In a statement titled ‘The Salvation Army’s Response to False Claims on the Topic of Racism,’ the 156-year-old organization denies that the purpose of the guide or subsequent discussions revolving around the guide were meant to tell anyone how to think. However, the group has also opted to withdraw the guide for appropriate review.”

8. Posted November 30, 2021 at 8:11 am |

^Bobo: You’re welcome! Have fun with it!

Doug: Thanks for posting it!

9. Posted November 30, 2021 at 8:12 am |

Test…, test…

10. Posted November 30, 2021 at 8:14 am |

^Nomen #4: Big step up for him if he did.

11. rickn8or
    Posted November 30, 2021 at 10:12 am |

^leelu #10: I don’t think he’s qualified for the job.

Posted November 30, 2021 at 12:56 pm |

They may say the Army “has withdrawn a controversial guidance on race”, however, the fact that The Salvation Army’s International Social Justice Commission exists means that the Army has been infiltrated and invaded by wokesters, leftists and racists and is thereby corrupted.
    I feel sorry for the good people in the trenches, out in the public eye, who simply do good work helping people in the community, who will be damaged by this leftist political bilge.

I know I’m a hidebound Luddite, but the fact that the initiator of this, one Col. Janet Munn, Salvation Army minister and co-director of the organization’s International Social Justice Commission, is a female minister, is prima facie evidence that the organization is tilting left. I have never yet met a female minister who wasn’t a leftist.

13. Thunderbottom
    Posted November 30, 2021 at 8:27 pm |

I remember not long ago when the LGBTQXYZ#&@ “community” were inveighing people not to contribute to the Salvation Army due to the S.A.’s perceived homophobia and transphobia. Now, because of the S.A.’s present stand, I’ll be walking past those red kettle bell ringers outside the stores.