Mother Nature’s toying with us again

Here’s an interesting overview video of the recent Tonga volcano/tsunami adventure
(with some nifty satellite videos)
reminding us that She can have our puny butts anytime She wants, even though I reckon it likely ain’t personal

Bad news from the islands

1. Bigus Macus
    Posted January 16, 2022 at 3:57 am |

Mother Nature could shake us off like flea’s.

Are we going to have “Year without Summer”?

2. TheBigHarry
    Posted January 16, 2022 at 6:23 am |

She can blast us away or freeze us in place.

I’m just hoping the lights stay on.

3. R M B
    Posted January 16, 2022 at 8:44 am |

And it shows the foolhardy arrogance of those claiming ‘climate change’ and the opposite side of the coin assumption humans can control it.

4. Posted January 16, 2022 at 9:39 am |

After watching the satellite pictures of the eruption, don’t you wonder what sound it made? Was it like a giant, wet fart? Inquiring minds want to know.

5. Nomen Nescio
    Posted January 16, 2022 at 10:07 am |

TBH, the local weather guy says we’ll get 18~24 inches out of it. He claims the storm would have been much milder but it hates the name we gave it. Always thought of itself as a Frosty.
    Coulda been worse. Least we didn’t name it Moon Unit.

6. DougM (just entertaining myself here)
    Posted January 16, 2022 at 12:45 pm |

^ Only an inch of ice/snow here,
    but that’s enough to make me pull the covers back over my head

7. TheBigHarry
    Posted January 16, 2022 at 1:05 pm |

@5 Nomen
    So far I’ve lucked out, only 5 – 6 inches of the fluffy snow followed by 1 – 2 inches of cold hard sleet. None of the slightly warmer wetter stuff that sticks to trees and power lines. Looks like the cold pushed farther south than projected and took the ice storm forecast away with it.

8. Veeshir
    Posted January 16, 2022 at 1:42 pm |

^^Remember when you had 70s and pleasant while it was 110 here?
    Well you’ll be happy to know it was cold here last night. I had to put on socks!

9. DougM (just entertaining myself here)
    Posted January 16, 2022 at 5:43 pm |

^ *heh* Yeah, it’s no biggie to this ol Michigander; but one does not want to be out on the icy roads here with the locals or old farts like me, so sleep-late Sunday it is