Loophole

as social media, right?
_____
Story
Picked up by Pookie’s Toons

1. Nomen Nescio
    Posted July 3, 2022 at 4:37 pm |

Reckon I shouldn’t've mouthed off on tweeter about her plan to require background checks for ammo purchases.

2. Veeshir
    Posted July 3, 2022 at 5:00 pm |

DougM, just don’t bring your pipe to the interview, they’ll never recognize you.

Posted July 3, 2022 at 5:31 pm |

SondraKistan doesn’t count as social media, right?
    Of course not, it is ‘sociable media’. Big difference.

4. Henk Vandenbergh
    Posted July 3, 2022 at 5:51 pm |

Will they require pronoun-training?

5. TheBigHarry
    Posted July 3, 2022 at 8:27 pm |

I see that they also want four character references. How does that work? Is that like twenty questions? Do you give them four references to a character and they guess who the character is? If they guess right do you get the permit or not?

6. DougM (just entertaining myself here)
    Posted July 3, 2022 at 8:57 pm |

TBH ^5
    Four references?
    Gonna be a challenge for guys like me
    You know… quiet, keeps to himself, kind of a loner, nobody thought he’d do anything like this

Henk ^4
    “They”?
    Makin’ an assumption, aintcha?

7. Posted July 4, 2022 at 4:36 am |

So many questions….

Such as…

* Who is coming up with the numbers? Are they just pulling them out of thin air? Like THREE years of social media – why not TWO or FOUR? And FOUR references – why not TWO or THREE?
    *If one of your references identifies as a “binary” does that person count as TWO references? What if they are “transitioning”? Again, is that TWO references?

8. staghounds
    Posted July 4, 2022 at 8:44 am |

Sounds like lots of patronage jobs for reference checkers. And you’d be hard put to find a psych professional anywhere who’d sign up for the liability and fame risk of giving anybody a gun.

Let’s do that math. Four references, that’s four hours. So two applicants per day. 200 working days a year, that means 400 applicants per year per full time employee just to check references. Probably at least as long for the social media review, and about 4 hours of psych and review time. That’s a day and a half of employee time per applicant.

That’s about 135 applicants per year per employee. 100 working employees give you 1350 checks a year.

Get ready to do some waiting, New Yorkers.

9. Posted July 4, 2022 at 8:44 am |

First, this sounds, once again, like another Democrat program for full employment for lawyers. That buffoon Heckle and her handlers have GOT to know that her newly announced plans for gun owner interference are nothing more than lawsuit bait. Every part of it is already under a microscope, so to speak, and it will all wind its way up to the Supremes once again.

As to the three years of social media, if they can find it, they’re welcome to it. Old as I am, I haven’t a clue where to look for what they want, and some of my rants were truly breathtaking.

And as for character references, I don’t know four people whose opinion of me, good or bad, is something I would trust. If they like me, I’d believe they were just sucking up. If they don’t like me, screw ‘em!

10. TheBigHarry
    Posted July 4, 2022 at 10:06 am |

The four references are not to ascertain whether the applicant is worthy of a permit, but to identify the applicant’s like-minded allies.

11. Veeshir
    Posted July 4, 2022 at 12:48 pm |

It’s 20 hoops to jump through, any of which can and will be closed off.
    It’s not just a bureaucratic jobs act, it’s to make it impossible to get a permit unless you’re connected.
    So… no change.